Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Note that the Target 1.3 software announced in an earlier post contains out of date contact information. Please send enquiries to the owner of this blog. Also, the official code site for this program is now http://code.google.com/p/target-palm/.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Target is a word game where you make words out of a 3x3 grid of nine letters. Each word must be at least four letters long and has to include the centre letter. You can download a Palm OS version of this game from this site.
- Free software, source code available
- Manage your puzzles on the main screen
- Create new puzzles from given letters or a randomly chosen nine-letter word
- Get hints about the nine-letter word
- Check your tries against the program’s word list
- Rearrange the tiles to see more combinations
- Daily puzzles available from the Sydney Morning Herald entertainment web site
- Tony Sloane for the Palm OS stuff
- Thanks to Paul Sidorsky for searching code from LampWords
- Thanks to Richard Sheppard for the main word list